The busy season is here, and our team at Suite Home Chicago is excited about all the new guests flocking to our great city for the warmer spring/summer months. Our sales team is working through an average of 30-40 requests per day for corporate housing. It is insanely busy, the apartments are staying full, and we are excited!
However, it is also an extremely challenging time for our team. We are a customer-service based company, and it is in our Suite Home Chicago nature to want to assist every single guest that calls our office. But, we will never have enough apartment inventory for the amount of requests that come into 20440916038_a77b04065b_k.jpgour office each day during the peak season from April – November each year… despite the fact that we usually add 100-150 apartments to our inventory for these busy months.
To get the apartment you want or need during this peak season, we have a few recommendations for you:
- Be flexible on dates, if possible... The building/apartment you want may not be available and if you are able to book your stay around the corporate apartment availability, it will ease your rental process. It is not unusual for our guests to use a hotel for a few days before moving into a corporate apartment.
- Be open to location. Most of our apartments are within proximity of other buildings so if your first choice is not available, maybe consider the building a few blocks away. It is also not always possible to request a high-floor southeast facing corner unit. These apartments are meant for temporary stays, and being inflexible on location and/or view can limit your options. (Plus there are no bad views in Chicago :))
- Understand rates. While Suite Home Chicago is not the most expensive option for your temporary stay, it is also not the cheapest. We do not compete with AirBnB or private home-share stays, so they are not a “comp” for corporate housing. Our units are full service with all utilities, furnishings, linens, housewares, electronics, maid service, cable, wifi, and phone service, and situated in the most desirable areas of Chicagoland. They can not compare to private rentals.
- Maybe leave your pet at home (sorry!). While we love dogs at Suite Home Chicago, not all units or locations are dog-friendly. Bringing your dog (especially if your pet is 35lbs+ and a restricted breed) could limit the apartments options available to you. Cats are welcome in most Suite Home Chicago units, but there is always a 2-pet limit. There is no flexibility with the properties on number of pets allowed.
- Do not delay. A quote and/or lease for a Suite Home Chicago apartment is only good for 24-hours. That rental could be gone the next day if you do not return the lease paperwork shortly after it is sent. Our electronic leases actually invalidate the next business day after being sent, and your tentative reservation is cancelled. We advise guests to be ready to rent once they decide on an apartment.
- Trust our team. At Suite Home Chicago we strive to make sure that we exceed your expectations and this includes helping you choose a home. Our staff regularly goes to the newest properties and revisits some of our favorites to make sure we are offering our clients exactly what they need. You may reach out to us about one property, but after talking more, we will be able to suggest more options that would be great for your stay in Chicago. We want you to have the best stay possible, so trust us. We know Chicagoland like the back of our hand!